Coordinator: Mark Usher
The Fellowship Committee’s mission is to reach out in love to others in the name of Jesus to meet their spiritual, emotional, relational, and physical needs.
Dinners for Eight – These dinners are a way for members of our congregation to become better acquainted. The format is “pot-luck” in members’ homes. Those who wish to participate need to sign up in advance.
For more information, contact Mary Cassady. (598-3794).
Let’s Meet – Let’s Meet is a group at SIPC which organizes activities for informal social gatherings. The purpose is to help members become better acquainted. The events are casual, inexpensive and short. A wine and cheese party was held in March. Other activities include movies, biking, brunch, ball games and local events.
For more information, contact Jane Case (598-7388).
Coffee Fellowship – Every Sunday between services, coffee is served in Liston Hall. Three couples are the organizers, but every member is invited to take a turn setting up and serving the coffee. This is a great opportunity for our members to relax and enjoy fine fellowship.
For more information, contact Mark Usher (303-0036).
What is Stephen Ministry?
Our congregation’s Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide confidential one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
A Stephen Minister is…
- A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting
- A congregation member with gifts for caregiving who was carefully selected to serve in this role
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care
- A caring, Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages
- Someone who will “be there” for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there’s a need.
For more information about Stephen Ministry, contact our pastor, Rev. Dr. Jeff Garrison at 598-0151.
Session Coordinator: Bob Ernest
- Chair: Mark Usher
- Granny’s Attic: Sunset Services Let’s Meet: Jane Case
- Visitor Tracking: Peggy Thompson
- Dinners for Eight: Mary Cassady
- Coffee Fellowship:, New Residents: Eloise Melton
- Homecoming, Reception, Bread Delivery: Cathy Inglesby
- Visitations for the ill & housebound Members: Mark Usher and Patty Boggs
- New Member Contacts: Mark Usher and Joan Pierce
- Distribution of Flyers: Earl Crew
- Homecoming Brunch: Cathie Inglesby
- Church Picnic: Committee Members
Assisting With Fellowship
- Visitor Tracking: Anne Welsh, Cathie Inglesby, Sandra Stutzman
- Homecoming Brunch: TBA
- Assisting with Flyer Distribution: Jim Higbee
- Photo Directory: Hazel White, Eleanor Graham, Joan Pierce
- Assisting with Coffee Fellowship: Becky Lowell